At present, in the digital era, technological progress is a very important element in the activities of the organization. Managing employees’ human resources or talent is being replaced by a more efficient and faster scaling technological solution. In this article, you will learn how technology can support the digital HR department’s activities and it can bring the expected results.
1. What is talent management in an organization
In the beginning, it is worth explaining what actually resource and talent management in the company is. Human resource management is nothing else than a company’s strategy or methods of managing human capital, i.e. its employees. On the other hand, talent management is activities aimed at searching, recruiting, developing, appreciating, and strengthening the position of people employed in the company, as well as on the effective use of their skills by the company for the implementation of the organization’s strategy.
2. How to introduce digital transformation of talent and human resources management in an organization
In the beginning, it is worth looking at the areas of the HR department in the company and considering what activities are missing to most effectively meet their goals. The main areas in question are, above all, the recruitment and acquisition of employees, and with them their talents, maintenance and continuous development of the most important talents, analysis of employees’ capabilities, onboarding process, and adjusting the functionality of workforce to the business strategy of the organization. The introduction of digital transformation should significantly take place within specific activities:
- Replacing outdated recruitment systems with new, personalized tools that will attract specifically qualified individuals to the company. The candidate service should be automated as much as possible, so as to be able to hire people who will be able to fill the gaps in technical areas in the event of a crisis,
- It is necessary to care for and constantly develop the greatest talents in the company. It might not seem to matter much, but one of the most common reasons for the dismissal of employees is their feeling that they are not able to easily find their own career path within the company. In order not to lose a highly valued employee, it is necessary to take care of his sense of belonging and drive his development,
- In order for the employer to be able to use the employee’s potential in the most effective way, he must have full insight into his capabilities, but this will only happen when the employer allows the employee the same insight into the company’s activities and structure,
- Creating a strategy for managing people and their talents that will be tailored to the company’s business strategy, significantly increases the sense of belonging, ensures productivity and professional development of individual units. In addition to investing in infrastructure or systems that aim to manage to learn, it is also necessary to invest in platforms that will provide the opportunity for a specific person to develop at the right time.
3. The role of a leader in the digitalization of management
More important than the digitization of activities is the strategy of their implementation. For this reason, it is necessary to appoint a leader who can watch over employees, their interests, and conflicts arising in the team. To prevent conflicts or problems, the leader must be vigilant and constantly help the team to move in the same direction. The person in this position should be properly selected and maximally focused on the well-being and safety of employees.
As the Head of the HR department, I know that the role of a leader is very responsible and extremely needed in the company. In digitization processes, there must be a designated person who will take care of employee experience and will be able to coordinate this process.
4. Digitization in the recruitment process
Nowadays, there will be more and more intelligence and self-learning systems – especially in the area of recruiting and talent analysis. In the area of recruitment, processes related to job interviews, scheduling meetings, and checking references must be used, which will allow recruiters to spend less time on tasks that were previously performed manually. Not only will this save time, but it will also ensure the continuity of the process and objectivity during recruitment, and make the entire process more enjoyable for candidates.
Companies should also start using enterprise network analysis tools, which make it possible to study internal communication and social networks.
As such, one of the most important tasks of the HR department is to ensure that their teams are up-to-date with the latest digital trends in the industry – otherwise, they risk being beaten by their competitors in the marketplace.
5. Digital tools useful in the activities of the company
As a company, we can try and use various tools that will make our work easier. Our HR technology uses a platform where Gallup’s talent research is carried out, which allows you to accurately see in which area a specific employee can perform well, and which area will be problematic for him. The survey identifies the top 5 talents of each employee, you can read more in the article about the organization of HR work in the IT industry. There are also tools such as competency matrices, such as the SkillBox, which allow for an easy and quick summary of the employee’s work and preparation of feedback, which will be leveraged in future work.
Do you want to find out more about HR talent management?
The 21st century requires continuous technological development in activities
It is impossible to disagree that new technologies allow for a more accurate discovery of the employee’s potential and effective use of it in the company’s activities. Organizations that want to operate as efficiently as possible and stand out among their competitors must introduce digitization processes where it is possible. In the 21st century, we must adapt our activities to the market and technological development in order to be as successful as possible in our industry.